- The creation of protected zones in the North and the South of the country, covered by Occidental and Turkish aviation, in order to protect the population from attacks by the regime, is no longer on the agenda, in spite of the fact that this option would be a means for the opposition to enlarge its capacity for action and bring humanitarian aid to populations living in dramatic conditions.
- The obtention of a cease fire permitting the end of combat : all the attempts to this day have failed and this option would necessitate the presence of strongly comitted regional and international sponsors who could force respect by the different groups and the government of Al-Assad.
- The resumption of negotiations : the conditions for this are not reunited today even if the schema is known and rests on parameters defined by the communiqué delivered in Geneva in June 2012 : a transition government charged with the enforcement of the cease fire and the implementation of new institutions, taking into account the realities of the field.
- These different hypotheses imply that the battle against Daech be reinforced in order to succeed in eliminating this force, after which the question will be who will control the territory.
- Lastly, what will become of Bachar Al-Assad ? It is evident that he will not have a place in post-conflict Syria, even if his departure is no longer imposed as a condition for future negotiations